Exploring a New Systematic Route for Left Ventricular Pacing in Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy - Université de Rennes Access content directly
Journal Articles Circulation Journal Year : 2021

Exploring a New Systematic Route for Left Ventricular Pacing in Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy

Abstract

Background:Frequency and distribution of left ventricular (LV) venous collaterals were studied in vivo to evaluate the ease and feasibility of implanting a new ultra-thin LV quadripolar microlead for cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT).Methods and Results:Evaluable venograms were analyzed to define the prevalence of venous collaterals (>0.5 mm diameter) between: (1) different LV segments; and (2) different major LV veins in: unselected patients who underwent CRT from 2008 to 2012 at Rouen Hospital, France (retrospective); and CRT patients from the Axone Acute pilot study in 2018 (prospective). In prospective patients with evaluable venograms, LV microlead implantation was attempted. Thirty-six (21/65 retrospective, 15/20 prospective) patients had evaluable venograms with ≥1 visible venous collaterals. Collaterals were found between LV veins in all CRT patients with evaluable venograms. Regionally, prevalence was highest between: the apical inferior and apical lateral (42%); and mid inferior and mid inferolateral (42%) segments. Collateral connections were most prevalent between: the inferior interventricular vein (IIV) and lateral vein (64% [23/36]); and IIV and infero-lateral vein (36% [13/36]). Cross-vein microlead implantation was possible in 18 patients (90%), and single-vein implantation was conducted in the other 2 patients (10%).Conclusions:Venous collaterals were found in vivo between LV veins in all CRT patients with evaluable venograms, making this network an option for accessing multiple LV sites using a single LV microlead.
Fichier principal
Vignette du fichier
85_CJ-20-0266.pdf (960.13 Ko) Télécharger le fichier
Origin : Publisher files allowed on an open archive

Dates and versions

hal-03131448 , version 1 (25-05-2021)

Licence

Attribution - NonCommercial - NoDerivatives

Identifiers

Cite

Frédéric Anselme, Mohammad Albatat, Christelle Marquié, Christophe Leclercq, Philippe Ritter, et al.. Exploring a New Systematic Route for Left Ventricular Pacing in Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy. Circulation Journal, 2021, 85 (3), pp.283-290. ⟨10.1253/circj.CJ-20-0266⟩. ⟨hal-03131448⟩
32 View
85 Download

Altmetric

Share

Gmail Facebook X LinkedIn More